Answered By: Ken Fujiuchi Last Updated: Jul 31, 2014 Views: 17
Answered By: Ken Fujiuchi
Last Updated: Jul 31, 2014 Views: 17
Planning Your Search Strategy
- State your topic idea as a statement or question. Example: How has the Internet influenced the political participation of today's youth?
- Identify your main concepts. These are the key words you will later type in the Summon search box.
- CONCEPT 1 Internet
- CONCEPT 2 political participation
- CONCEPT 3 youth
- It is helpful to make a list of synonyms and related terms used to describe each concept. For example, synonyms for youth could be "young adults" or "teenagers."
- Think about your search limits. Do you want to limit your search to current materials or do you need a broader historical view? Are you looking for scholarly or popular resources? What are the requirements of the assignment?
- Summon, the library's discovery service, is a great starting point to identify relevant library materials (including peer reviewed journal articles) for your research.