Answered By: Al Riess Last Updated: Jul 31, 2014 Views: 93
Here's how to configure a computer keyboard for Spanish language letters and characters.
Instructions for PCs (Windows 7/Vista/XP):
- click on Start button in task bar
- click on Control Panel
- click on Clock, Language and Region
- then in Region & Language, click on Change keyboards or other input methods
- click on Keyboards and Languages tab
- click on Change Keyboards
- in Install Services, click on Add button
- scroll to Spanish (Spain, International Sort)
- click on plus symbol to the left
- then click on plus symbol next to the word keyboard
- check the box Spanish
- click the OK button, then click the next two OK buttons that appear
After adding the new keyboard configuration, to change between English and Spanish, hold down the LEFT Alt key and press any Shift key. Some computers will give you a language switch option in the lower right of the task bar.