Answered By: Ken Fujiuchi Last Updated: Aug 25, 2015 Views: 67
Activate your network account or reset a forgotten password
Follow the steps below to activate your network account for the first time OR reset a forgotten password. This will change your password for the following systems: campus network (wired and wireless), Blackboard, Degree Works and the library databases.
Please Note If you know your network password and just want to change it, you can do so by visiting the Change Password Utility.
Step 1: Login to Banner
The first step is to login to your Banner account:
- Visit the student Banner page.
- Click the Login to Banner (SSB) link on the left side.
- Click the Log in to Banner link.
- Enter your User ID and PIN, and click Login.
Please Note If you have trouble accessing Banner, try resetting your PIN. Simply enter your Banner ID and then click Forgot PIN?. After answering your security question you can create a new PIN.
Step 2: Reset your network password
The next step is to create a new password for your network account:
- Click the Personal Information link.
- Click the Reset Student Network Password link.
- In the New Password box, enter your new password.
- In the Confirm New Password box, retype your new password, click Submit.
- You should see a message confirming that your password has been reset.
Important! Your new password must be at least 6 and no more than 14 characters long, and is case sensitive. Please allow 15 minutes for your password to synchronize before attempting to access the following systems: campus network (wired and wireless), Blackboard, Degree Works and the library databases. Your Student Gmail password, and your Banner PIN, will not be changed.
- Use a combination of upper/lower case letters, numbers and special characters
- Avoid using dictionary words - these are easily cracked
- Avoid using names of people you know, or names of pets
- Avoid using your phone number or street address
- Avoid using your Social Security number
Please Note For additional information regarding protecting your account, read Google's tips for creating a secure password.
Network account assistance
If you have previously activated your account but forgot your password, just follow the steps above to create a new password. If you need further assistance, please contact the RITE Support Desk.