Answered By: John Newman Last Updated: Aug 16, 2014 Views: 65
Outlook Web Access (OWA) is the web-based version of Outlook, and it allows Buffalo State faculty and staff to access their e-mail account from off campus. The new OWA interface looks very similar to the desktop version of Outlook, and gives you many of the tools you need to manage your e-mail account.
Note For the best results, it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer when using OWA. Other Internet browsers, such as Safari, Firefox and Chrome, can only run the basic/light version which has fewer features.
To access Outlook Web Access:
- Open your web browser and visit: http://suny.buffalostate.edu/
- In the upper right hand corner click on MYBUFFSTATE
- Click on For Faculty And Staff - Note: you may want to Bookmark the page that comes up as it has a number of useful links.
- In the Toolbox, select Faculty/Staff E-mail
- Enter your network username and password. If you are using a personal computer, you can select This is a private computer. If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, the Use Outlook Web Access Light box will be checked (to indicate that you won't be using the fully featured version).