Answered By: Jason Welborn Last Updated: Aug 20, 2016 Views: 364
Follow the steps below to enroll a Windows laptop on the secure wireless network. An active Internet connection is required to complete these steps. Before proceeding, temporarily connect to a wireless network of your choice, such as your home wireless network, the open wireless network on campus (BengalOpen16), or some other free Wi-Fi service (e.g. Starbucks). This can be done on or off campus.
Please Note These instructions are based on Windows 10. The steps in this guide may be slightly different if you are running a different version of Windows.
- Temporarily connect to a wireless network of your choice.
- Open Edge (or another browser) and visit: http://rite.buffalostate.edu/secure-wireless.html
- Click one of the Enroll Your Device links.
- When the Welcome to Buffalo State's secure wireless network screen appears, click Continue.
- Enter your Buffalo State username and password, click Continue.
- On the next screen, click Download for Windows.
- If you are using Edge or Internet Explorer, a pop-up will appear asking if you’d like to Run, Open folder or View downloads. Choose Run.
- When the Security Warning screen appears, click Yes.
- Wait a few seconds for your connection to be configured. If you completed these steps while on campus, you should receive a message that your device is Successfully connected.
If you completed these steps from off campus, however, you should see the screen below informing you The wireless network is now configured.
- it was really helpful.