Answered By: Jason Welborn Last Updated: Sep 01, 2016 Views: 549
Please Note: While there are many mail apps available for Android, the instructions below apply to the Gmail app. If you have an older Anroid phone that doesn't have an option to setup an Exchange account, you will need to use a different mail app.
If your e-mail account has been moved to the new Office 365 environment, follow the steps below to configure your O365 account in Gmail on your Android phone (or tablet). If you already have your Buffalo State email setup on your phone, you should remove it before proceeding.
1. Open Settings and select Accounts.
2. Tap Add account.
3. Tap the Exchange button.
4. Enter your e-mail address and tap Next.
5. Enter your password and tap Next.
6. In the Server field, remove buffalostate.edu and enter outlook.office365.com, tap Next.
7. Tap OK at the Remote security administration screen.
8. Tap Activate at the Activate phone administrator screen.
9. Provide a name for the account (e.g. Buffalo State), tap Next.
You can now access your Office 365 account from the Gmail app on your phone.
- Great work! The instructions worked for me perfectly. However, what about Calendar? My Outlook calendar did not sync on my Android phone (Samsung 7). Perhaps you can provide instructions for that, too.