Answered By: Jason Welborn Last Updated: Oct 10, 2014 Views: 396
Microsoft Office 2013 is Coming Soon!
Microsoft Office 2013 will be made available to install on faculty and staff PCs via Software Center on Wednesday, October 15th. Installing the upgrade will be optional during the fall 2014 semester, and faculty and staff can perform the upgrade at their convenience. To upgrade your PC follow the steps below.
Step 1: Remove Office 2010 shortcuts from your desktop and taskbar
If you have shortcuts for any Office 2010 programs - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint - on your desktop or taskbar, you should remove them before upgrading to Office 2013.
- Remove desktop shortcuts: select the items you want to delete and press the Delete key on your keyboard
- Unpin taskbar shortcuts: right-click the program shortcut and select Unpin this program from the taskbar
Step 2: Open Software Center and install Office 2013
Please Note If you use a campus-owned Windows laptop, be sure to connect it to the campus network via a wired Ethernet connection before proceeding.
1. Close any Office 2010 applications that you have running (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
2. Click the Start button and type software in the search box.
3. Select Software Center from the list.
4. On the Available Software tab, check the Office 2013 Professional Plus box and click Install Selected.
5. To view the status of the installation, click the Installation Status tab.
Important! Please allow 30-45 minutes for the installation to complete, and do not attempt to use any Office programs during this time.
Step 3: Add Office 2013 shortcuts to your desktop and taskbar
When the upgrade to Office 2013 is complete, you can add shortcuts to your favorite Office programs back to your desktop and/or taskbar.
- Add desktop shortcuts: click Start > enter program name in the search box (e.g. "Word") > right-click on the program name > Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)
- Add taskbar shortcuts: click Start > enter program name in the search box (e.g. "PowerPoint") > right-click on the program name > Pin to Taskbar