Answered By: Jason Welborn Last Updated: Feb 23, 2016 Views: 1766
Please Note This information is for the Gmail app for Android 4.0 and up. The steps in this guide may be slightly different depending on the model of phone you have, and the version of the Android OS you are running.
Step 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail
Before you can setup your Student Gmail account on your phone or tablet, you must first login into Gmail from a computer and enable IMAP.
1. Login to your Student Gmail account from a computer.
2. Click the gear icon (options) in the upper right corner, and choose Settings.
3. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. In the IMAP Access section select Enable IMAP, and click Save Changes.
Step 2: Setup Gmail on your phone
If you have an Android phone that is already associated with your personal Gmail account, you can add a second account (e.g. your Student Gmail account) by following the steps below.
1. Open the Settings app for your phone or tablet.
2. Find the Accounts section and tap Add account.
3. Select Google as the type of account.
4. Choose Existing to sign in to an account you already have.
5. Enter your full Buffalo State email address (e.g. email@example.com).
6. Enter your email password, and tap the right arrow to sign in.
7. Tap OK to accept the Terms of Service. Checking the Keep me up to date with new and offers from Google Play is optional.
8. Select the items you would like to sync, and tap the right arrow.
Open the Gmail app, touch the Gmail icon or swipe from the left edge of the screen, and select your account from the list.