Answered By: Jason Welborn Last Updated: Feb 23, 2016 Views: 714
Please Note This information is based on iOS 7. The steps in this guide may be slightly different depending on the model of phone you have, and the iOS version you are running.
Step 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail
Before you can setup your Student Gmail account on your phone or tablet, you must first login into Gmail from a computer and enable IMAP.
1. Login to your Student Gmail account from a computer.
2. Click the gear icon (options) in the upper right corner, and choose Settings.
3. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. In the IMAP Access section select Enable IMAP, and click Save Changes.
Step 2: Setup Gmail on your phone
To setup Gmail on your phone, follow the steps below.
1. Open the Settings app for your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars button.
3. Tap the Add Account button.
4. Tap the Google button.
5. Fill in your name, e-mail address and password in the spaces provided, and tap Next.
6. Select the items you would like to sync, and tap Next.