Q. How do I find my adviser?


New first-year students (with under 24 earned credits) are assigned a professional staff adviser. This adviser will provide academic guidance, help you select your courses, and assist you as you adjust to life in college. Depending on your major, you may also be assigned a faculty adviser. Once you earn 24 credits (generally, in your sophomore year), you will transition to a faculty adviser, who will provide further guidance on specific career possibilities and postgraduate options. 

To find your adviser’s name and contact information:

  1. Login to the Bengal Success Portal using your Buffalo State username and password.
  2. Click Home, then My Success Network to see a list of your adviser(s), instructors, and others on campus connected to you.
  3. Find your adviser’s name and click to send an email (or make an appointment online, if that option is available).

If no adviser is listed, please contact the department that houses your major. If you are undeclared, call the Academic Advising Center at (716) 878-5223.


  • Last Updated Apr 06, 2020
  • Views 381
  • Answered By Ken Fujiuchi

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0